中文 | English | 日本语

Scenic spot
WenShu Temple Scenic Area  

Jiangsu Da YangShan National Forest Park, located in the west area of the ancient city of Suzhou, stretches for twenty li, with meandering ridges and peaks and green plants all around. Since ancient times, it has been a Buddhist holyland where temples could be seen everywhere, and Buddhist’ singing travelled here and there. It is the tranquility that endows this Mountain with the reputation of “Putuo in Wuzhong” (Putuo Mountain, located in Zhoushan, Zhejiang Province, is one of the Four Holy Buddhist Mountains). Besides, Wu Kuan and Wang Zhideng, poets in Ming Dynasty and Gu Yuanqing, a great book collector all called Yangshan Mountain as “Weight of Wu County” Mountain.
Manjushri Temple, lying in the east of the Jiangsu Da YangShan National Forest Park, was originally built in the Eastern Tsin Dynasty (approximately 340 AD) proposed by an eminent monk named Zhi Dun, and was constructed against rocks, with layers of double eaves looking like wings, and ridges flying into the sky, which granted it the name of “Hanging Temple”. Till now, it has experienced a history of over 1600 years, and is the oldest temple at Da Yangshan, Suzhou. Meanwhile, inside the Scenic Area stand several sights with profound history, such as Path of the Ming Dynasty, Mountainside Pavilion, Manjushri Hall, Sun-bathed Pavilion, Sifei Zhishuang Teahouse, Arrow-made Gap Peak, etc.

  • bamboo forest

  • Manjusri Hall